Penrith Show Report

Submitted: Friday, Sep 14, 2007 at 15:18
ThreadID: 49656 Views:2129 Replies:2 FollowUps:9
This Thread has been Archived
Well folks,
The day has been spent wandering around the Wooden Spooners Caravan, Camping and 4wd show.

There were only 4 of us that made it to the meeting point; there was Richard W, Stephen M, myself and my eldest daughter Ashley.
Vince claims to have been there as well but we never crossed paths.
Willie sent his apologies via Richard who ended up having to get himself there instead of bludging a lift with Willie.

Ashley and I met up with Richard at the meeting point and made our way around the caravan section to kill time before Steve arrived. Just as I got the phone message from Steve to say that he had arrived it tried to rain and there was a stampede for the indoor areas by the general public. There was not enough rain to dampen a TallyO paper so it was a bit funny to see them stressing over a light shower of rain.

When we met up with Steve we finished off the outdoor exhibits and then shouldered our way through the indoor areas.

The funny of the day was that Ashley wanted a pink ice cream in a cone, so when we got to the ice cream stall I got her one and less than 2 minutes later she had dropped the ice cream out of the cone into a pile of wood chips. Without a murmur she promptly asked me for another one but this time could she have a white one cause the pink one was naughty and fell off LOL you’ve gotta love em.

The exhibits were pretty much the same as other shows but it is always go to get out and have a look.
Steve is going back over the weekend with the boss to try and convince her that the Prado needs and Air Locker. Plus a rear drawer system and a cargo barrier, I hope she doesn’t read this Steve:))

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Richard W (NSW) - Friday, Sep 14, 2007 at 18:19

Friday, Sep 14, 2007 at 18:19
Kev and Steve,

Great to put names to faces.

I ended up buying a 2.5kg fire extinguisher to supplement the 1kg one I have and an EZ Tyre deflator which I will use no doubt in the Wattagans tomorrow.
AnswerID: 262105

Follow Up By: Kev M (QLD Bound) - Friday, Sep 14, 2007 at 18:28

Friday, Sep 14, 2007 at 18:28
Richard,

It was good to put some more face to names. I think you were the only one to purchase something. I am now working on SWMBO to release some funds for some of the Hillbilly gear. It was the only brochure that I grabbed so she is pretty happy I didn't get any other ideas :)

Cheers Kev

PS let me know how the Tyre deflator goes, am still tossing up wether to get the ARB one or the Stauns
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 523597

Follow Up By: Richard W (NSW) - Tuesday, Sep 18, 2007 at 06:40

Tuesday, Sep 18, 2007 at 06:40
Kevin,

I wasn't impressed when I used it on the Watagans trip as it seemed really slow and I didn't wan't to muck around so I got out the Stauns.
I tested it at home yesterday and it works fine. Easy to use and lets the air out very quickly. Although I didn't time it, it's probably line ball with the Stauns, having to remove the core and do one tyre at a time. I reckon its got better accuracy on the tyre pressure. I'll leave the Stauns at 24psi and use the EZ Deflator to get down to beach pressure.
FollowupID: 524317

Follow Up By: Kev M (QLD Bound) - Tuesday, Sep 18, 2007 at 06:48

Tuesday, Sep 18, 2007 at 06:48
Thanks Richard,

I think I'll go the Stauns as well then. Thats a good idea though to use the EZ deflator for lower pressures if you already have the Stauns.

Did you have a good trip at the Watagans??

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 524318

Follow Up By: Richard W (NSW) - Tuesday, Sep 18, 2007 at 07:01

Tuesday, Sep 18, 2007 at 07:01
I did however a Jeep Cherokee did a rear diff and front panhard and needed a flatbed to get home.
Trip Report
FollowupID: 524319

Follow Up By: Kev M (QLD Bound) - Tuesday, Sep 18, 2007 at 07:09

Tuesday, Sep 18, 2007 at 07:09
Member Lucky will no doubt have a comment on the Jeep failure LOL

Looks like you had a good run baby sitting the other and getting them all out of trouble :))

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 524320

Reply By: Member - Stephen M (NSW) - Friday, Sep 14, 2007 at 20:10

Friday, Sep 14, 2007 at 20:10
Hi Kev, Richard, as said was good to put faces to names. Will be interesting to see what you think of the tyre deflator Richard. And no Kev will not let her see this thread so I have more of a chance to get what I need or should I say want. Cant believe the amount of people that were there this year compared to last. Allot more vans on display. Cant believe your daughter Kev didn't even cry or anything when she lost the top of her, but being the softy you are she got another one LOL. I like how she wanted a white one this time cause "the pink ones fall off". Made me laugh when everyone ran a hundred mile an hour due to a few drops of water that lasted only two minutes. Have a good one Richard down the coast tomorrow. Hope to have a day out some where soon. Shame the one Steffan organized last time was canned due to weather been crappy but better luck with the weather for next time and hopefully Kev your still in NSW so you and the family can go along although I think the way you were talking today the sooner you go north the better. Lucky bugger I've got no chance getting the other half to move till her parents move to coffs. Good to meet you gentlemen. Regards Steve M
AnswerID: 262131

Follow Up By: Kev M (QLD Bound) - Friday, Sep 14, 2007 at 20:19

Friday, Sep 14, 2007 at 20:19
Steve,

My outlaws live in Woolgoolga and that may be our half way house for the move if I don't find work straight away.

The change of colours comes from a blue balloon from Toys R Us, we just got out the front doors and she brushed the balloon between herself and the wall and it exploded. After a little tantrum by Ashley and me ROFL, we convinced her that if she got a different colour all would be good. Hence her comment today.
Just hope she wont be like it with clothes LOL

Good luck with getting the Locker :))

Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 523632

Follow Up By: Kev M (QLD Bound) - Friday, Sep 14, 2007 at 20:19

Friday, Sep 14, 2007 at 20:19
Steve,

My outlaws live in Woolgoolga and that may be our half way house for the move if I don't find work straight away.

The change of colours comes from a blue balloon from Toys R Us, we just got out the front doors and she brushed the balloon between herself and the wall and it exploded. After a little tantrum by Ashley and me ROFL, we convinced her that if she got a different colour all would be good. Hence her comment today.

Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 523633

Follow Up By: Kev M (QLD Bound) - Friday, Sep 14, 2007 at 20:21

Friday, Sep 14, 2007 at 20:21
Steve,

Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 523635

Follow Up By: Kev M (QLD Bound) - Friday, Sep 14, 2007 at 20:52

Friday, Sep 14, 2007 at 20:52
I don't know what happened there :))
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 523650

Sponsored Links